- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Baked Kale Chips
I’ve finally done it. I’ve taken the kale chip plunge. There’s no going back now. Beautiful greens turned into a savory snack. Awesome! Although, I have a sneaking suspicion that I baked the nutrition right out of this kale.
Nonetheless, I’m pretty sure it’s healthier than a bag of chips. So far I’m sold. Oh, and they couldn’t have been easier to make.
A good rinse and dry in the salad spinner, followed by a drizzle of olive oil, some sea salt and pop ‘em in the oven.
And then the big reveal. I described them as ‘seaweed like’ and my kid devoured them by the handful. I’m really curious if there are any good variations on kale chips that I should try the next go round. Have you ever made them with lemon? Vinegar? Anything else I should know about?
Baked Kale Chips Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 15 to 20 mins
1 bunch kale
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Use a salad spinner to wash and dry kale.
3. Use kitchen shears (or a knife) to remove stems and cut into large chip sized pieces.
4. Spread kale out on a Silpat (or parchment) lined baking sheet.
5. Drizzle olive oil over kale and sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Bake until crispy but not burnt.
Makes: 2 to 4 servings
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/snacks/baked-kale-chips/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.