- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Meatless Mondays: Grilled Black Bean Cheese Burgers
Have you ever had a handmade veggie burger that stands up to the grill? It’s a hard burger to come by, but we finally made it happen. Even though my veggie husband gave up meat nearly 7 years ago, he still likes that grilled burger taste. He’s gotten pretty sick of the boxed variety and most handmade patties just fall apart. Not this one. Oh, and it’s especially awesome because it includes nutty sunflower seeds which pleased the kids to no end.
Look at my little monkeys hamming it up for the camera. They were both super excited about this awesome Meatless Monday creation.
Kids aside, my veggie husband ate his whole burger in 3 big bites.
Grilled Black Bean Burger Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins
1 16oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 carrots, peeled and chopped into large pieces
1/2 cup onion, peeled and diced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
pinch of kosher salt
dash of cayenne
1 clove minced garlic
handful of fresh torn basil
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
4 cheddar cheese slices
4 hamburger buns
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Place all ingredients except the sunflower seeds and whole wheat flour into a food processor.
3. Process until mixture is blended well then transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add seeds and stir well then fold in the flour until mixed in.
5. Shape patties and transfer to a well oiled grill. Grill on each side for 7 minutes or until done. (Careful not to flip to early. Just like a regular burger, if flip too early or it will stick to the grill.)
6. Melt cheese on top and transfer to a bun and enjoy. Do not let them dry out!
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/meatless-mondays/meatless-mondays-grilled-black-bean-cheese-burgers/
URLs in this post:
 : https://cookingwithmykid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/IMG_4919.jpg
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.