by Jul 20th, 2011 // Drinks
This might be the most refreshing drink ever made. It kind of tastes like spa water and lemonade got married.. in my mouth!
I love limeade even more than lemonade and the cucumbers make it extra special.
And really, any excuse to break out the juicer pleases my kid to no end. He was giddy from the word go.
The baby pointed and begged to try it so I let her have one tiny sip. It was super cute until she spit it out all over her purdy new dress. Regardless, it’s the perfect drink for those dog days of summer.
Cucumber Limeade Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
4 to 6 cups cool water
1 cucumber sliced
1. Pour boiling water over sugar and stir until it sugar completely dissolves to make a simple syrup.
2. Combine syrup, lime juice and cool water to taste.
3. Add cucumber and chill in fridge.
4. Pour over ice to serve.
Makes: 2 quarts
Oh and hey, if you like cucumbers, check out some of these other great recipes:
- What’s Gaby Cooking: Cucumber-Basil Gimlet
- In Jennie’s Kitchen: Radish-Cucumber Crostini
- Big Girl Small Kitchen: Spicy Cucumber Salad with Shallot, Ginger and Mint
- Grecian Kitchen: Summer Cucumber Salad
- And Love It Too: Cucumber, Mint and Watermelon Salad
- Napa Farmhouse 1885: Cucumbers Coolers with Agave Simple Syrup
- Pinch My Salt: Chilled Cucmber Avocado Soup
- FN Dish: Summer Fest: Cucumber Recipes
- CIA Dropout: Relishing Cucumbers
- Healthy Eats: Cool Cucumber Soup
- Food for 7 Stages of Life: Cucumber Cherry Salsa
- Cooking With Elise: Green Tea Cucumber Pops
- Glory Foods: Cucumber and Shrimp Boat
- Virtually Vegan Mama: Fire-Roasted Tomato and Cucumber Gazpacho
- Food2: When Life Gives You Cucumbers, Make a Cucumber Cocktail
- Cooking Channel: Cucumbers Stuffed with Crab-Mango Salad
- Recipe Girl: Bread and Butter Pickles
- Taste With the Eyes: Spicy Pickled Cucumbers with Wakame and Garlic Blossoms
- Virtually Homemade: Cold Thai Cucumber-Mint Soup
- Add a Pinch: Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- The Cultural Dish: Ahi Tuna with Cucumber Sauce and Salad
- Daily*Dishin: Cool n’ Zesty Cukes: 7 Minute Summer in a Jar
- Daydreamer Desserts: Cubanita Margarita
- Purple Cook: Cucumber Gazpacho with Indian Flavored Shrimp Relish
- Indian Simmer: Cucumber at its Best with Chaat Masala
- Big Apple Nosh: Quick and Easy Homemade Pickles
- Sweet Life Bake: Agua de Pepino
- The Sensitive Epicure: Tzatziki with Grilled Gluten-Free Pitas and Fresh Cucumbers and Peppers
- Zaika Zabardast: Cucumber Gazpacho
- A Way to Garden: Cucumber-Growing Q&A and the Best Pickles
- Cooking with Books: Summer Fest: Cucumbers
Limeade has always been my favorite! I bet the cucumber is perfect in there!
I love limeade, but not a huge fan of cucumber… if i leave that out will it be ruined?
that lookss sooo refreshing
Glad I found your blog through Summer fest
Refreshing drink for the summer. Perfect for kids too. The preparation is also very simple. Loving it!
First time here, you have a lovely space. I am sure I will come back often.
Alicia, tastes good without the cucumber too!
Oh my goodness gracious does this sound amazing! I love the addition of cucumber to many drinks.
Do you remember ~ how many limes your little one squeezed to make 1 cup?
Yum! You had me at spa water + lemonade. Sounds awesome Your kids are adorable!
What great pictures and what a fantastic looking drink. I love lime anything so this is right up my alley!
Where/what brand is your juicer? Thanks for all the recipes..luv your site
My 2 year old loved making this with me! Big hit with the kids and with me.