Pot of Gold Giveaway
by Mar 16th, 2011 // Dinner, Giveaway, Recipes
Pot of Gold Giveaway
My friend, Patti, who is the visionary behind Waxing Poetic, grew up in a big Italian family. On Sunday afternoons, Patti often makes her special, amazing, Italian sauce. The pot sits atop the stove cooking all day long filling the house with the most wonderful aroma. When she lived close by I used to “stop by” on Sunday afternoons in hopes of being invited to stay for dinner. I’m certain she was on to me! The sauce was so flavorful and delicious it’s become known as “Pot of Gold” because quite simply, it is as good as gold.
Years later Patti started Waxing Poetic on her dining room table. Now her amazing jewels are in thousands of stores all over the country. She’s a huge sucess but more lovely a person than ever. So lovely that she agreed to give away one of these awesome camp bracelets on my little blog.
They come in brown and also in a rainbow of camp colors. She’s giving away one of these too. Perfect for a St. Patrick’s day giveaway, right? I don’t know which I like more!?!
After much begging and pleading Patti finally passed along the Pot of Gold recipe. Now I’m sharing it with you! Patti likes to serve hers over fresh homemade pasta. We haven’t gone there yet. (Although I’ve heard it’s easy!) Instead we bought some fresh spinach pasta to make for a festive St. Patty’s day dinner.
Best sauce I’ve ever tasted and the best thing about it is you can start it in the morning and it’s all ready when you get home from work. Perfect for St. Patrick’s day. And hey, if you want the chance to win one of these awesome brown camp bracelets or maybe one of the rainbow ones, head on over Waxing Poetic and take a look at all the different options. Then come back here and tell us which you’d pick if you won! All you have to do is leave a comment with your pick and you’ll be entered to win. Don’t forget we’re giving away two different bracelets! One comment per person per day please. You have until April 1st to win!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!!
Pot of Gold with Fresh Spinach Pasta Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 6 to 8 hours
2 large pork chops
1 piece of beef chuck (appox 1/2 pound)
2 links of sweet Italian sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
one small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
small can of tomato paste
2 15 oz cans of crushed tomatoes (San Marzano is best)
handful of fresh basil
pinch of sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound fresh spinach pasta
1. In a large frying pan heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Season the meat with salt and pepper and fry the sausage, pork and beef over until brown on both sides. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
3. Put another tablespoon of olive oil into the pan add the crushed garlic and chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
4. Transfer the onion mixture to a crock pot making sure to scrape the sides to get all the good bits.
5. Add the tomato paste, pinch of sugar, basil and the 2 cans of crushed tomatoes. Fill each of the empty cans 1/2 way with water and add that to the sauce.
6. Add the meat back in and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until meat is fork tender and falling apart.
7. Shred meat with a fork, break up sausage and return to sauce.
8. Make 1 pound of pasta according to directions and serve with a big helping of sauce.
9. Freeze remaining sauce in an airtight container for another delicious and easy meal!
Serves 8 to 10 (one to eat, one to freeze)
This makes me soo hungry! yummy!
[…] week, I seemed to be the only one willing to try the 8 hour slow cooked “pot of gold” sauce (minus the beef chuck plus sliced baby carrots) but Wendy dug into some of my leftovers […]
The silver and brass dove camp bracelet
Camp bracelet with the dove or the flower
The Faith camp bracelet
This sauce looks amazing… the only thing that would make it taste better is if I was wearing a brass cross camp bracelet while I served it. 😉
[…] Pot of Gold with Fresh Spinach Pasta source @ cookingwithmykid […]
Having read this I thought it was very enlightening.
I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this article together.
I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and posting comments.
But so what, it was still worth it!
I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but
your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to
come back later. All the best