- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Passover Reimagined: Rosemary Rib Roast
I love brisket as much as the next guy. It’s tasty, comforting and a Passover tradition but somehow it doesn’t feel fresh and modern. The past few days I’ve been experimenting with Passover recipes hoping to put a new twist on some old holiday traditions. This one is definitely a keeper.
Check out my brand spanking new Le Creuset pot. Isn’t she a beauty? Would you believe that it’s my first ever Le Creuset pot purchase? I bought it at the outlets for 1/2 price! Weeee!
I’m always a little nervous at the start of making any meat. What if it’s too tough? What if it’s not juicy? How will I prevent it from getting over cooked? Oh the agony.
My friend suggested we start by searing both sides of the roast on the stove top to lock in the flavor and juiciness. We got it nice and brown on both sides (so fragrant and beautiful!) and then added the pint of grape tomatoes before popping it in the oven.
This gorgeous specimen will make a great modern centerpiece at our Passover Seder this year.
Rosemary Rib Roast
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins to 1 hour
2 pounds boneless rib roast
1 pint grape tomatoes
4 rosemary sprigs, leaves only
1/4 cup olive oil
6 to 8 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of large oven friendly pot and place beef in pot.
4. Sear beef over medium heat until both sides are golden brown.
5. Combine remaining olive oil, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl. Mix together and then pour over top of beef.
6. Scatter the tomato mixture around the meat and cover.
7. Roast in oven until the internal temperature reads 125 degrees. Check at 45 mins.
8. Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
9. Plate sliced beef and serve with the tomatoes and garlic piled on top.
Makes: 4 servings
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/dinner/passover-reimagined-rosemary-rib-roast/
URLs in this post:
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.