- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Meatless Monday: Mediterranean Pizza
Have you ever bought a hunk of feta that comes floating in water? I just did for the first time ever. Dang! That’s good feta. So good that I’ve found myself re-imagining every dish on earth to include feta. It’s a real problem for my husband who hates feta.
This is a fine specimen of my experimentation – if I do say so myself. It’s a pizza made atop whole wheat pita with hummus instead of tomato sauce. Don’t over think it. I promise it’s good.
This meatless Monday I’ll be making it for my husband with mozzarella instead of feta, hold the olives. He wouldn’t appreciate what a difference swimming feta makes. More for me!
Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 10 mins
2 whole wheat pitas
2 to 3 tablespoons hummus
6 tomato slices
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
1/4 to 1/3 cup crumbled feta
dried oregano (optional)
1. Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 425 degrees.
2. Pat all the vegetables and cheese dry with a paper towel. (This step prevents your pizza from getting soggy!)
3. Put a spoonful of hummus on each pita and spread to the edges with the back of the spoon.
4. Top with tomato slices, black olives and sprinkle with feta.
5. Put directly on the oven rack cook for 8 to 10 minutes until well done.
6. Garnish with dried oregano and serve.
Makes: 2 servings
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/dinner/meatless-monday-mediterranean-pizza/
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.