- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Savory Sitter: Dessert Sushi
Hi! Heather the babysitter here bringing you another babysitter friendly snack. When I was a kid, Rice Krispie treats were the ultimate mouth-watering dessert. Nothing smells better than that sweet buttery smell of marshmallow melting with butter on the stove. And they’re so much fun to make! This time, we’re making the classic treats even more fun by transforming them into adorable dessert sushi.
And just when you thought it couldn’t get sweeter, we’re adding fruit roll-ups and Swedish fish candy into the mix. We filled the fruit roll-ups with the rice marshmallow mixture, stuck a Swedish fish in the middle, rolled it up just like real sushi rolls and cut it into pieces.
These “sushi” rolls are a super fun activity to leave for your babysitter to make. Melting the butter and marshmallow’s on the stove top is definitely the babysitter’s job. But assembling and rolling up the rolls is fun for everyone. These would also be a fun thing to make with a play date or for a party!
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 10z package large marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies or other crisp rice cereal
5 fruit roll-ups
1 cup large Swedish fish candy
1. Unwrap the fruit roll-ups. Cut 1 of them into 1/2 in strips.
2. Lay 4 of them out flat on a clean work surface.
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and add the cereal. Stir until cereal is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
4. While cereal mixture is still warm and malleable, use a buttered spatula to transfer about 1/2 cup of cereal treats on top of the fruit roll up. Use the buttered spatula to spread it out.
5. Place the Swedish fish in a horizontal line in the center of the fruit roll up and and fold vertically into a cylinder. Cut the cylinder crosswise into 4 pieces of “sushi.”
7. Butter your hands thoroughly and one handful at a time, shape the cereal mixture into rectangular pieces of rice. Place whole Swedish fish on top of the rice and wrap it together with 1 strip of fruit roll-up.
8. Arrange cut on a platter and serve.
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/desserts/savory-sitter-dessert-sushi/
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.