- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Meyer Lemon Tea Cakes
Man-oh-man, I am a sucker. I absolutely DID NOT NEED a mini bundt pan. I’ve decided not to feel guilty about it because it purports to be for Tea-Cakes and Candy Making . Two uses zeros out the guilt. Plus, I had a great plan for the pan.
Once a week I take the baby to a class where we are meant to sing songs and get them active. Mostly we just socialize and talk about how hard it is to lose those last few pounds. I thought it only appropriate to bring some tea cakes and make it an official gab session.
Um, these little cuties never made it out of the house, the kids were just too wild for them. (Now you know why I haven’t lost those last few pounds.)
Meyer Lemon Tea Cakes Recipe
adapted from Baking Bites 
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 10 to 15 mins
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
3/4 cups sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg white
2 tbsp Meyer lemon zest (or sub regular lemon)
1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice (or sub regular lemon)
1/2 cup lowfat or nonfat plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease tea cake pan (or mini muffin tin) with baking spray. (The kind with flour.)
2. In a bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by lemon zest.
4. Stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, followed by the lemon juice.
5. Add in additional 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by the yogurt.
6. Stir in all remaining flour, but do not over mix.
7. Using a small spoon, scoop batter into prepared pan until each is about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. (Mini muffin tin may take shorter time.)
9. Let pan rest for 5 to 10 minutes and gently remove cakes.
Makes: 24 tea cakes
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/desserts/meyer-lemon-tea-cakes/
URLs in this post:
 Tea-Cakes and Candy Making: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VEFN8O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=mookd-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000VEFN8O
 Baking Bites: http://bakingbites.com/2010/01/meyer-lemon-bundt-cake/
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.