- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Candied Pecan Oatmeal
Remember those candied pecans  we made a while back? This morning my kid had the awesome idea of topping his oatmeal with a small handful of them. Holy smokes! That was one great idea!
This ‘recipe’ was so easy it should be criminal. We made old fashioned Quaker oats on the stove top, scooped it into bowls, sprinkled a little cinnamon and just a touch of brown sugar and then topped with the nuts. All bowls were emptied in seconds flat.
I loved this taste sensation. I especially love that my boy is starting to really understand food. My evil plan to make him a foodie is working. Hahahahahahha!
Candied Pecan Oatmeal Recipe
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time:10 to 15 mins
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups water
2 cups lowfat or nonfat milk
1 /4 cup chopped candied pecans
4 teaspoons brown sugar
1. In a medium pot, bring milk and water to a boil.
2. Pour in oats, reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally until all liquid is absorbed. (10 to 15 mins)
3. Scoop cooked oatmeal into 4 bowls.
4. Add one teaspoon brown sugar to each bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon chopped pecans and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/breakfast/candied-pecan-oatmeal/
URLs in this post:
 candied pecans: https://cookingwithmykid.com/desserts/home-baked-holidays-nuts-4-candied-pecans/
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.