- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Bite Sized Coffee Cakes
Both of my little muffins love muffins. No matter the size they will devour them in one bite so the bite-sizeyr the better. There’s a special place in my heart for coffee cake mostly because my father who
never rarely went to the grocery store used to bring home Entenmann’s Crumb Coffee Cake as a special treat on the weekends.
He’d use a sharp steak knife to cut off a sliver and the the knife would remain in the box as long as their was cake to be sliced. Every time anyone walked by a small sliver would be cut off and by the end of the weekend we’d be pressing crumbs with our fingers and licking them off making sure we got every last bite.
Then, whoever threw away the box had to make sure the knife didn’t go in the trash with it. There were plenty of times I had to go dumpster diving for that darn knife! These mini muffins are about the same amount of cake as a sliver but they aren’t from a box and they are much cuter!
Bite Sized Coffee Cakes Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 8 – 10 mins
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small dish, make the streusel by stirring together flours, sugars, spices and salt. Stir in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
3. In another bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large bowl cream together 1 cup butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in yogurt and vanilla.
5. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Scoop batter into greased mini muffin tin filling each cup only half way.
6. Sprinkle some streusel into each cup and then spoon the rest of the batter into each cup to cover. Use the remaining streusel for the tops of the muffins. Sprinkle each muffin top and gently press.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/breakfast/bite-sized-coffee-cakes/
URLs in this post:
 Entenmann’s Crumb Coffee Cake : http://www.entenmanns.com/op-prod.cfm/prodId/7203000225
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.