- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Biscuit Souffle Breakfast Casserole
The most complimented dish I have ever served are these Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bisicut Muffins . They are made using a roll of biscuit dough I buy at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. While I enjoy the rave reviews, it’s rather humbling to note that all this cooking doesn’t beat a roll of biscuits. I’ve decided to embrace it because I sort of can’t blame them. They do taste a-mazing.
If I’m being honest, though, I’ve always wanted to top those biscuits with something equally easy and just as awesome. That was the inspiration for this newly invented casserole which is sort of like an inside out biscuit breakfast sandwich and it’s damn good. It is super easy to assemble but takes a while to bake.
Here’s what we did while it was baking: First we blew some bubbles. Both kids were totally into popping them. Then we tried out the new wiffle bat and ball we picked up at the drug store (of all places), we followed that up with a little wagon ride… and before we knew it, it was time for breakfast!
Yes! Yes! Yes! I’m beginning to think that all recipes should start with these canned biscuits! What have you done with your biscuit roll lately?
Biscuit Souffle Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins
1 roll ready to bake biscuits
4 whole eggs + 4 egg whites
1 1/2 cups lowfat or nonfat milk
3/4 cup low fat cheddar cheese
2 veggie sausage patties, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease an 11×7 (or similar size) baking dish with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the dish with unbaked biscuits.
3. Mix the eggs, egg whites, milk and cheese together and then pour it over the biscuits.
4. Sprinkle with crumbled veggie sausage patties and bake for 45 mins or until biscuits are golden brown and egg is set.
5. Let stand for a few moments before serving.
Makes: 8 servings
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/breakfast/biscuit-souffle-breakfast-casserole/
URLs in this post:
 Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bisicut Muffins: https://cookingwithmykid.com/recipes/bacon-egg-cheese-biscuit-muffins-veggie-option/
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.