- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Banana Blueberry Muffins
This morning, after I’d already smashed a banana for banana bread, my kid asked if we could make blueberry muffins. We only had 1/2 pint of blueberries in the house and I wasn’t quite sure how I was going to make them blueberry enough for him.
Then I had the brilliant idea of letting him push the few blueberries we did have into the tops of banana muffins. I cannot believe I’ve never done this before. For starters, the combination of blueberry and banana is divine. Plus, the muffins look so much more appealing with the blueberries sitting on top.
The baby agreed and a new recipe was added to our growning collection.
Banana Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 18 to 20 mins
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted + cooled
1/2 pint fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin tin with baking spray.
2. Mix together flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In another bowl, use a fork to mix together bananas, egg and melted butter.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed. (Do not over mix!)
5. Fill cups of muffin tin with batter until each is 3/4 full. (Should make 10 to 12 muffins.)
6. Carefully press a few blueberries into the top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Makes: 1 dozen
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/breakfast/banana-blueberry-muffins/
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.