- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Super Easy Yet Fancy Grilled Romaine Salad
When I was a kid, my father loved iceburg lettuce. Especially when it came in the form of a wedge salad. He just loved the crunch and I thought it was so fancy and special, topped with bacon bits and drizzled with blue cheese dressing. Today it would seem that iceburg has no nutritional value and a salad with bacon and blue cheese is heart-attack material. The iceberg salad may have lost a bit of it’s shine, but having given up on the concept. Last night we grilled the modern-day version of a wedge salad. A little healthier with romaine and fancier with manchego cheese. I wasn’t even planning on posting about it but it tasted so fantastic and looked so fancy, I thought we’d share. My baby daddy (vegetarian) was impressed… even the kid dug right in. Cannot wait to make this for guests. Apologies for the lack of snapshots!
Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 2 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins
2 hearts of romaine, cut in half lengthwise
1 lemon cut, quartered
shaved manchego cheese (or Parmesan)
sea salt & fresh pepper
1. Pre-heat the grill to medium heat.
2. Place each half of romaine face up on a platter and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Grill face down for 5 minutes until lettuce starts to char slightly. (DO NOT close top of grill, you don’t want soggy lettuce.)
4. Remove from grill and squeeze a lemon quarter on each heart.
5. Sprinkle with cheese while still warm add salt and pepper to taste and serve with fork and knife.
Makes: 4 servings
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/appetizers/super-easy-yet-fancy-grilled-romaine-salad/
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.