- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
We love tortillas around here and we prefer them fresh. I usually go to a store where they make them right in front of you and give you a sample as you pick up a bag full. As I was walking around the store I saw a bag of Maseca which is instant corn masa flour.
I immediately put it in my cart determined to try making my own tortillas. Fortunately the back of the bag has full instructions on how to do it. When we got home we started our experiment and it turned out so easy my 19 month old made one!
They are also so tasty fresh off the skillet. We ate them all with nothing on them, that’s how good they are. We are looking forward to making tortillas again, but for tacos and filling them with all kinds of things. What should we fill our next batch of tortillas with?
Homemade Tortillas recipe from Maseca  masa flour
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 5 mins
1 cup instant corn masa flour
1/8 teaspoon of salt
2/3 cup water
1. Combine masa flour salt and water. Mix for about two minutes. If dough feels dry, add more water.
2. Divide dough into 8 equal size balls.
3. Place one ball at a time between two sheet of plastic wrap and pat with your hand into a flat circle about 5-6 inches across. Peel off plastic.
4. Preheat cast iron skillet or griddle on medium high.
5. Cook one tortilla at a time for 50 seconds, then flip and cook for another 50 seconds.
Makes: 8 tortillas
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/appetizers/homemade-tortillas/
URLs in this post:
 Maseca: http://www.amazon.com/Maseca-Corn-Flour-4-4-lbs/dp/B0000IJYK4
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.