- Cooking with My Kid - https://cookingwithmykid.com -
Fresh Corn & Chive Potato Pancakes
It’s corn season and we cannot get enough of the sweet stuff. We’ve had so much corn on the cob, it’s starting to come out our ears. So, last night we decided to cut the fresh corn off the cob and make something interesting.
Both my kids love these latkes  and I thought they’d taste great with a little corn surprise. Plus, I have zero desire to turn on the oven during the summer – these are made on the stove top. Perfect.
The corn was so sweat and flavorful we could have eaten it raw, but we resisted the urge and turned them into a new household favorite. Yay for corn latkes!
Fresh Corn & Chive Potato Pancakes Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 15 to 20 mins
4 medium russet potatoes
1 medium brown onion
4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
1 tablespoons jarred minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives
3/4 cup corn meal
1/2 cup canola oil
coarse kosher salt & pepper
sour cream or plain yogurt for serving
1. Peel and quarter the potatoes and onions. Fit your food processor with the standard blade and place potatoes and onions in the food processor.
2. Pulse until the potatoes and onions are finely minced. Add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and 2 eggs and pulse again.
3. Add half the corn meal in a circular motion covering the top of the mixture and pulse once more. Add 1/2 the corn and pulse again.
4. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and mix in remaining corn, chives and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Heat 1 inch of oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet. When oil is hot (just before it smokes) ladle 1/3 cup sized portions into the oil and cook until golden brown on the bottom. Once the bottom side is brown gently flip over the pancake.
6. When both sides are golden brown, lift the pancake from the pan with a slotted spatula and place on a paper towel to drain. Repeat the process with the remaining batter. Add more oil if necessary.
7. When ready to eat, serve with sour cream or plain yogurt.
Article printed from Cooking with My Kid: https://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: https://cookingwithmykid.com/appetizers/fresh-corn-chive-potato-pancakes/
URLs in this post:
 : https://cookingwithmykid.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/IMG_5501.jpg
 latkes: https://cookingwithmykid.com/breakfast/grampa-stephens-latkes-worlds-best-potato-pancakes/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2010 Cooking With My Kid. All rights reserved.