Bite Sized Coffee Cakes
by Oct 17th, 2011 // Breakfast, Desserts, Snacks
Bite Sized Coffee Cakes
Both of my little muffins love muffins. No matter the size they will devour them in one bite so the bite-sizeyr the better. There’s a special place in my heart for coffee cake mostly because my father who
never rarely went to the grocery store used to bring home Entenmann’s Crumb Coffee Cake as a special treat on the weekends.
He’d use a sharp steak knife to cut off a sliver and the the knife would remain in the box as long as their was cake to be sliced. Every time anyone walked by a small sliver would be cut off and by the end of the weekend we’d be pressing crumbs with our fingers and licking them off making sure we got every last bite.
Then, whoever threw away the box had to make sure the knife didn’t go in the trash with it. There were plenty of times I had to go dumpster diving for that darn knife! These mini muffins are about the same amount of cake as a sliver but they aren’t from a box and they are much cuter!
Bite Sized Coffee Cakes Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 8 – 10 mins
1 cup butter
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small dish, make the streusel by stirring together flours, sugars, spices and salt. Stir in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
3. In another bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a large bowl cream together 1 cup butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time then stir in yogurt and vanilla.
5. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Scoop batter into greased mini muffin tin filling each cup only half way.
6. Sprinkle some streusel into each cup and then spoon the rest of the batter into each cup to cover. Use the remaining streusel for the tops of the muffins. Sprinkle each muffin top and gently press.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
You’re actually a just right webmaster. The site loading pace is amazing. It sort of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done a fantastic job on this topic!
Do youve a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was asking yourself your situation; we have developed some good methods and we are looking to exchange solutions with other people, be certain to blast me an e-mail if serious.
I put these in mini cupcake liners. Is that why they are taking a lot longer to bake? 16-18 minutes at least, compared to the recommended 8-10.
This looks yummy, especially since Im starving right about now. Have you ever made a sour cream coffee cake. I have a recipe for one that my mom has been baking since I was a kid. Its amazing.
Looks wonderful! I wonder, can you bake this in a rectangular or square pan?
Oh Yum! First the brownies, now coffee cake. I think I gained 5 pounds just by reading your blog today