- Cooking with my kid - http://cookingwithmykid.com -
Browned Butter Banana Bread
After a quick trip out of town, we returned home to 5 squishy bananas, two mealy peaches and nice little swarm of fruit flies having themselves a feast. Oooops!
I suggested freezing the bananas and making a smoothie in the morning, but the kids had other plans. While I was unpacking, my son put himself, and the baby in aprons and started smashing away at 4 bananas.
We made a double recipe of banana bread using Mom’s Recipe  and enjoyed some fresh baked slices after dinner. A day and a half later the bread was already getting stale and I simply didn’t have the heart to trash it.
So I sliced it up in thick pieces, browned some butter in a cast iron pan and fried ’em up. I can absolutely confirm that it is the best cure ever for stale banana bread.
Browned Butter Banan Bread Recipe Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins to 1 hour Ingredients: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter (room temp)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sugar
2 ripe bananas (very well mashed)
1/2 to 1 cup pecans pieces
2 to 3 T butter
2. In the bowl of mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs, mashed bananas and milk. Add flour mixture a little at a time and continue to mix. Fold in nuts and stir together.
4. Pour into a well creased loaf pan and bake for 45 mins to an hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cut 4 to 6 pieces of leftover bread into thick slices and set aside. (This works best if it is stale, but will also work with fresh bread as long as it is not still warm from cooking.)
6. In a cast iron or thick bottom pan, melt butter until it foams and begins to brown.
7. Fry leftover bread in butter until brown and crusty. Serve warm.
Browned Butter Banan Bread Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 45 mins to 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Article printed from Cooking with my kid: http://cookingwithmykid.com
URL to article: http://cookingwithmykid.com/2012/07/24/browned-butter-banana-bread/
URLs in this post:
 Tweet: http://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcookingwithmykid.com%2F2012%2F07%2F24%2Fbrowned-butter-banana-bread%2F&count=vertical&text=Browned Butter Banana Bread - Cooking with my kid
 Image: http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/brown-buttered-banana-bread-31.jpg
 Image: http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/brown-butter-banana-2.jpg
 Image: http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/brown-buttered-banana-bread-2.jpg
 Mom’s Recipe: http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/recipes/moms-banana-bread/
 Image: http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/brown-butter-3.jpg
 Image: http://cookingwithmykid.com/2012/07/24/browned-butter-banana-bread/print/
Copyright © 2016 Cooking with my kid. All rights reserved.