Berry Good Tart
by Jul 17th, 2012 // Desserts
Berry Good Tart
It’s been a great, long while since I last posted, but I have a good excuse. Really, I do. I’ve spent the better part of a year working on a new food concept and I’m beyond thrilled to announce that I’ll be opening a restaurant by summer’s end. It has been stressful, crazy, fun, exciting, meaningful, challenging, exhilarating… well, you get the idea. As opening day gets closer, I’ll tell you more about it. In the meantime, you must make this tart.
Mostly because it is as easy as it is delicious. For me, the hardest part is simply remembering to pick up superfine baker’s sugar when I’m at the market. (I came home without it the first time.)
We made it for a party we were going to. My little man wanted it all for himself. There wasn’t a slice left when it was time to leave. He was bummed. I was delighted… still working on being swim suit ready for our vacation in August!
Blueberry & Raspberry Tart Recipe
adapted from Donna Hay’s Off the Shelf Cookbook
Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 1 hour
1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups self-rising flower, sifted
11 ounces blueberries
1 pint raspberries
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Coat a 9 inch tart pan (or springform) with baking spray
3. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
4. Add the eggs and beat well. Fold in the flour and spoon the mixture into the tin.
5. Top with the blueberries and raspberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove from the tin, cool and dust with powdered sugar